Summer…gorgeous weather…but unfortunately it is prime time for mosquitoes. this year appears to be worse than usual for the annoying and potentially dangerous pests. Here’s some good news…mosquitoes can be avoided naturally without the use of dangerous pesticides.
Standing water on your property: Mosquitoes need standing water to breed. An effective way to reduce them is to eliminate standing water on your property. Suggestions for eliminating standing water:
* Clean and treat swimming pools
* Change the water in kiddie pools, bird baths and all water containers
* Eliminate all debris that could collect water
* Repair pipes, outside faucets and septic systems
* Mow grass
1. Stay inside at dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active.
2. Wear light colored clothes that cover your skin. Tightly woven materials are best.
3. Avoid fragrances. Mosquitos are attracted to fragrance.
4. Eat garlic. Garlic releases through the skin and makes it hard for mosquitoes to find you.